Tuesday, July 1, 2008

06/30/08; the stress of travel and my ultimate departure

Yesterday was just one of thoughs days where everything goes wrong. I got off the bus a stop early, then I got off the train a stop early, carrying a pack over sunburn is not a good idea, and I found out that Lisbon (where I depart) was about ten hours journey from Sevilla, where I am now. To make matters worse I hadn't had a good lunch and I was very tired of traveling every other day.
When I was just about at my wits end because of the dysfunctional way Spain deals with travel reservations I called dad and every thing started to get better.

First, Dad was able to change my flight so that I will leave from Madrid, it's only two hours from here so that is incredibly convenient and i get to stay in Sevilla an extra day. Second, when I changed the dates of my accommodation at this hostel they added an extra day by mistake, hence that extra day i get to stay here was already taken care of. Third, upon arrival I immediately started to make friends and at the same time was rejoined by a girl i had met in Barcelona and another I'd met in Granada. Together with the new people we'd met we enjoyed the company of a very fun and rather large group.

No comments: