Wednesday, May 28, 2008

05/28/08; Museum Day

It stopped raining today, so I decided to see some sights (lots of pictures today). First I saw the Dublina and Viking Museum with Ashley(who plans to travel with her mom now that Damien has gone his own way); next I saw the Guinness Brewery. Ashly was kind enough to take some pictures of me while she was their to appease your requests. The first museum was interesting, however it seemed designed primarily for the younger generations. Even so, we did take some very funny pictures their and even learned a few things we didn't know about the vikings. Afterwards I headed further outside the city to the Guinness Store house where I learned how they brewed their famous beer. It was very entertaining and they ended the tour with a complimentary pint and a magnificent view in their roof top bar.

Tomorrow I fly into Edinburgh where I will stay for five days before using my Britrail pass to travel to different places for four days in a row before arriving in London. I am very excited about this location because people I have met here and in Galway have all told me its amazing. I am still unsure about what locations to visit with the travel days in between, but Lochness is a very likely option for one of them.

The unfortunate side effect of so much walking is to be beat, so I'll be of to bed now.












2 comments:

JGarrison said...

Hey buddy! Great to see more of you. I am soooo excited by your trip, what you have seen, what you are doing and who you are meeting! A little embarrassed by the steele chain protective headgear, but that is ok. I would like to think that such pictures were taken after the Guinness tour, but maybe not. Anyway, great to see your notes. I rushed back to the hotel room after dinner too hope to see an update.
BTW, your spelling and such has been great. You have interchanged "their", as in "their car", for places where you should use "there", as in "we went over there". Just thought you might want to know.
Love you and thinking of you often,
Dad

Trey Garrison said...

I know the chain mail bit is a little out there, but hey. Live in the moment right. I needed a photo op and there was the chain mail; problem solved.
Thanks for the spelling help, I've been using the spell check on this thing, but unfortunately theirs nothing to help me with my poor grammar.
love you too.
Trey